Firefighters ask Hatters to check detectors

0
59

The month of October usually brings cooler weather and it also brings a warning from Medicine Hat Firefighters. Fire officials are asking everyone to take a few minutes to check their carbon monoxide detectors now that furnaces are starting to be run again. Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless gas that is created when fuels combust and can come from the furnace, hot water heater, fireplace or vehicles in your garage. Firefighters urge that if you don’t have at least one in your home to pick one up and to install it according to the manufacturers instructions